Update April 26, 2021
We're Open Again!
Update April 14, 2021
To our amazing customers, we heartbreakingly will temporarily close Itavie and reopen April 26th. Unfortunately, one of our staff members has tested positive for COVID and we will do everything we can to be there for our team. Here are our top very close priorities:
1) We will support our team member.
2) This is interchangeable with the first one, we will protect all our customers and community.
3) People are our priority, and further testing of team members will be completed.
4) Deep sanitation of the facility will commence; this priority is adjacent to the above.
We will answer as many questions as we can. Rest assured, we will reopen, April 26th.
Update March 1, 2021
We are back to being a full service restaurant again Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania! You may dine inside or continue to order online, use curbside pickup, and order delivery. The safety of our staff and custmors continues to be a priority.
We do require all staff and customers to wear masks. Customers may remove thier masks once seated. Masks must be worn when leaving your table.
Update December 10, 2020
To our Fredericksburg and Spotsylvania Itavie Guests, we have an important announcement and many more to come.
Due to the infamous current events, beginning December 11th until it’s safe to do so we are pausing our dine-in service. With deep concern for our customers and staff we will be offering CURBSIDE PICKUP ONLY. This helps us to maintain positive control over the interior of your restaurant as a whole all while still continuing our service to customers in the safest way possible.
What are we going to do if we are not offering Dine-In service? Glad you asked!
* We are still offering CURBSIDE pick-up.
* We are preparing for DELIVERY, that's right. First party, directly from us to you.
* An INTENSE, delicious, FULL of flavors CATERING menu for every occasion built by Maria and Younes is available NOW:
Here’s what you can expect from us next week and further weeks to come as needed:
1) All orders will be made and purchased by phone. To order: 5408055668
2) Our staff will bring your order to you while wearing gloves and mask.
3) Wine and beer can be bought by bottle only. Our special mixers will not be served. You can’t drive home with an open container anyway, what if you get a speeding a ticket and you have a not so sealed container?
4) We will still offer soft drinks and coffee from the café in to go cups.
5) If you place an order through a third party delivery service, please let them know of our one way door only policy, we will bring them your food out of the restaurant as well. Please know that we are not affiliated or contracted with any of these delivery services. If there are any issues you will need to contact them directly.
Younes and Maria will still be in the restaurant cooking the best meals they can give you.
Please follow us on our social media, as we will still be working for you!
Update November 15, 2020
Here are the noteworthy changes set forth by the governor and who they affect:
- Restaurants can’t sell alcohol past 10 p.m. and patrons must consume alcohol while seated and within the establishment by 10 p.m.
- All dining and congregation areas must close at 12 a.m., but takeout and delivery can still be offered between midnight and 5 a.m. Takeout alcohol can be sold until 11 p.m.
- People ages 5 and up are required to wear masks in indoor public spaces; the last mandate was children 10 and older.
Places that can exceed 25 people gathered or whose occupancy is unchanged include:
- Restaurants, breweries, wineries, food halls: no capacity limit with 6 feet of distance
- Retail stores: no capacity limit with 6 feet of distance
- Fitness centers limited to 75% of minimum occupancy; outdoor and indoor swimming pools are still open
- Large amusement parks remain open at 50% capacity and up to 4,000 people
- Schools: unchanged capacity limit
- Churches: unchanged capacity limit
- Farmers markets: unchanged capacity limit
- Entertainment locations such as concert venues and sports arenas can’t exceed 250 people, and 10 feet of social distancing is required
- Racetracks and speedways cannot exceed 250 people
- Races and marathons can have up to 250 participants with groups of 25 maximum
- The 25-person cap, down from what was previously 250, applies only to public and private in-person gatherings, regardless of whether they are outdoors or indoors.
Update August 2020
We are now offering full service indoor and outdoor dining. Please note that patrons must wear a cloth face covering, except while eating and drinking, in accordance with Executive Order 63. Please wait to be seated by the hostess if you choose to dine outside. We continue to offer curbside pickup for all especially for high risk individuals. Thank you for your assistance and patronage.
Update June 15, 2020
We are now offering full service outdoor dining! Four customer max allowed indoors to view the dessert case and use the restroom. Masks are Required. Thank you for assisting us by abiding by the state regulation.
Update June 4, 2020
Hi Itavie Family!
Right to the point, Virginia is moving to Phase Two however we will remain a Phase One restaurant. We know that we can open our doors, we know many of you want us to, but we just can't yet. Most of the time when we have a great idea, we jump on it. When we think or know something will make everyone happy, we make our move. We don't hesitate on possible greatness, this is not one of those times. We want to monitor our community over the next few weeks and proceed with caution.
Why? We understand COVID-19 may come and go through most of us, but not all of us. We truly care about the ALL. We know for a fact that a group of our regulars when we were dine-in, and still to this day, are at a higher risk than most of us. They are family, you are family, and family takes care of eachother even when it's inconvenient.
Rest assured, we are making our plans to reopen and will be hiring the staff needed to do so. Thank you for taking to the time to read this, thank you even more for trying to understand.
Love from all of us at Itavie.
Phase One(two) Procedures:
- We will continue curbside pickup and third party only delivery options. Call for curbside pickup at 540-805-5668.
- Our curbside staff will wear proper face coverings.
- Our patio will be open. Maintaining a minimum of six feet of physical distancing between all individual parties as much as possible is required.
- Our patio is not for full dining service, we cannot assign you a server as we are not staffed to offer this service.
- Paper/plastic cups, forks, and plates are all that will be offered on the patio. No refills will be served and our customers are expected to discard their own trash. We will provide you with the proper receptacles.
- All orders from the patio must still be called in at 540-805-5668.
- Our mixed drinks can only be consumed on the patio. Alcohol can be purchased for curbside pickup by the bottle only.
- Seating must not fit more than ten patrons per party.
- Our hours are returning to Monday thru Saturday 1100a.m.-0930p.m., Sunday 1100a.m.-0800p.m.
Please be mindful that by opening our patio we have increased our workload for our hostesses in the heat. If you decide to enjoy your curbside on the patio please order in one single transaction. We know you may want that second mixed drink and that's okay, please bear in mind our staff can't fill the role as a server just yet. Maria needs them inside to fulfill other tasks. Don't worry, we want a crowded floor indoors before it gets really hot just as much as you do!
Thank you! You all truly are the best customers ever!
Update March 30, 2020
We will remain open as a curbside only dining establishment. Our staff is limited to members who understand and comply with the "Stay-at-Home" order from Virginia Executive Orders 51-55. Our restaurant, as we have always done even before the pandemic, has been top to bottom sanitized and only essential trained staff are allowed inside. We understand the responsibility we have as an essential establishment and we are engaged in providing an essential service to the local community and neighboring counties by means of serving fully prepared meal options to customers, sustaining quality of life, improving morale, essential services, and products to our communities.
We are grateful for our associates and their critical role in providing customers access to the essential items and services they need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Thank you again and again for your support of Itavie, we would not be here without you.
March 15, 2020
Dear Itavie Guests,
Due to current events, beginning March 16th until safe to do so, the Itavie door will be open one way only. With deep concern for our customers and staff we will be offering curbside pickup only. This helps us to maintain positive control over the interior of your restaurant as a whole all while still continuing our service to customers in the safest way possible. We figure the sooner we place ourselves in line with safety and adhere to the social distancing rule the better.
Here’s what you can expect from us next week and further weeks to come as needed:
1) We will serve from our menu only. No specials will be offered during our safety week(s).
2) We will close one hour early Monday through Saturday at 8:30p.m. Sunday hours are from 11:00a.m. to 8:00p.m.
3) All orders will be made and purchased by phone. All orders must be made by debit/credit or with our gift cards only; we apologize but no cash orders please. To order: 540-805-5668.
4) Our staff will bring your order to you while wearing gloves and mask; don’t be alarmed, they’re just adhering to our policy.
5) Wine and beer can be bought by bottle only. Our special mixers will not be served. You can’t drive home with an open container anyway, what if you get a speeding a ticket and you have a not so sealed container?
6) We will still offer soft drinks and coffee from the café in to go cups.
7) If you place an order through a third party delivery service, please let them know of our one way door only policy, we will bring them your food out of the restaurant as well. Please know that we are not affiliated or contracted with any of these delivery services. If there are any issues you will need to contact them directly.
8) Younes and Maria will still be in the restaurant cooking the best meals they can give you.
9) Please follow us on our social media for all the latest updates, as we will still be working for you!
Last but certainly not least:
This one means a lot to us, this was the hardest decision we had to make since opening in the summer last year, this decision comes with having to use limited staff and cutting hours. We are implementing a hardship program for our employees who are getting significantly less hours and are not getting the tips needed to earn their living. This program is funded entirely by your tips for curbside pickup along with a tip match by Maria and Younes; this goes on top of their free meals being provided. Thank you for all your support through out this decision.
Update: As of April 1, 2020, we regret to inform we can no longer support our furloughed staff financially by means of this tip program, however, free meals are still being provided if needed.
We apologize for the inconvenience and we’re so happy to have you. We’ve taken full consideration of our staff and customers as we’ve come to this decision. This decision is motivated by proactive and the best intentions. Be safe and be kind to one another. Thank you for your continued support, and thank you for allowing us to meet you at your table.
Maria and Younes
Message us on Facebook.com/ItaviaVA
or Instagram @itavieva